🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What is a good Music making program? also...

Started by
6 comments, last by Warsong 21 years, 10 months ago
Also where can u get it? and did anyone ever hear a a music device where u hum and it playes the tun u hum in the instrument u want and edit and arange the sound and add on more tunes to the song? i heard about it once but i dont knwo much about it. if u can help, thanks well if some want to listen to some videogame music go to www.vgmusic.com or remixes at remix.overclocked.org check out this one from blaster master which i think is cool blaster master cool remix
***Power without perception is useless, which you have the power but can you perceive?"All behavior consists of opposites. Learn to see backward, inside out and upside down."-Lao Tzu,Tao Te Ching Fem Nuts Doom OCR TS Pix mc NRO . .
Advertisement
I like using FruityLoops for making music. It''s a powerful package that won''t break the bank. There are other packages like Cubase, but for someone starting out or on a budget, FL is an excellent choice.

''and did anyone ever hear a a music device where u hum and it playes the tun u hum in the instrument u want and edit and arange the sound and add on more tunes to the song?''

Well, there are older devices such as the ''talk box'' for guitars (Peter Frampton was fond of them...listen to ''Frampton Comes Alive'' for a sampling). There are also ''breath controllers'' which might be more what your thinking of (they can be adapted towork with midi hardware).

HTH
SysOp_1101
It''s all about Power Tracks Pro Audio.

It''s cheap at only $50.

And beats the pants off all other sequencers like Cakewalk.

"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can''t."

Just3D
Justin Nordin
J Squared Productions
www.jsquaredproductions.com
"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't."Just3DJustin NordinJ Squared Productionswww.jsquaredproductions.com
thanks for the info, but where can i download them at? i dont want to buy first and see that it wasnt for me since so many programs i see that u have to pay and a few i regreted geting for many reason eventhough it was rated well for its time but lacked many simple things which other companies improved over time.
do u know any sites to get them at?

i tryed the home pages but they give me the run around and give me dead links to download some.

take care
***Power without perception is useless, which you have the power but can you perceive?"All behavior consists of opposites. Learn to see backward, inside out and upside down."-Lao Tzu,Tao Te Ching Fem Nuts Doom OCR TS Pix mc NRO . .
Sorry, what is FL ??
quote:
Sorry, what is FL ??

Just my lazy way of typing Fruity Loops.
SysOp_1101
(posted this on another thread as well for those of you who think you have Deja-Vu)

-----

You can always use free-ware tools..

There''s a lot of high quality tools which are not midi based out there such as trackers, integrated tracking studios.

You may want to check out MAZ Audio http://www.maz-sound.com/

Trackers are Sample Based composition tools, though these days the good ones (DOS based) don''t run very well under WinXP, so you may want to try some Windows based trackers like ModPlug Tracker. There are commercial ones available as well, but I haven''t found the need for one yet.

Integrated Tracking Studios such as BUZZ, and Psycle are two that I have seen. Both use native plugins (Software Synthesizers, effects units), but can accept VST as well. Psycle is built more like the traditional tracker interface, whereas buzz is more designed for individual plugins which I found a little confusing to get into).

The power of these tools is increased even more when VST is introduced. You can pick up free VST plugins on the net, as well as some really cool commercial ones too.

Psycle = http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/

I think there''s a link to Buzz in MAZ .. search on the net returned too much other cr*p.

HOpe that helps..

----

Proffessional Music/Sound Engineer

"Music is not something you just do, it''''s part of who you are"
Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com
"Reason 2.0", Propellerhead Software.....so very very good....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement