🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Time! I need more time!!!

Started by
12 comments, last by makeshiftwings 21 years, 10 months ago

I too work full time (9-5) as a programmer. I have to admit though that I don''t mind sitting down in front of VC++ after a day at work. I always enjoyed coding and game programming is a great challenge so I actually look forward to it.

I don''t need to keep myself motivated - thinking of the game and what I''d like to implement, my vision if you will, drives me to complete it. IMHO, if you don''t really feel like working on your game after a day at work then maybe the game is not good enough. If the game doesn''t excite/motivate you, how do you expect it to interest other people?

As regards time-management: I don''t watch TV (boring anyway), however I love reading so I still read (non-technical) books; it''s important to maintain balance. Oh, I wake up at 6.30 and put in another 1.5hrs working on it each morning apart from the hours I put in the evening. Being efficient is critical.

Brian Azzopardi
Advertisement
arsenik, do you have a website where we can see your work?

Thanks for you interest Ironside I have a couple of domains registered but none which are actually hosted. To be honest I''m too lazy/busy to get around to doing them.

Even if I did have a web-site there isn''t much I can show from the game I''m working on which happens to be my first ever. Currently I''m working on collision detection, or more specfically, creating the convex hulls for the meshes. I promise I will put a page up as soon as I have something decent to show

BTW, I liked you web page and good luck with the game!

Brian Azzopardi
Take a long vacation and dedicate it to code!

or

Save up 10% of your income for 2 years and "buy" some of your life back. Stop working for a little while.

I know it sounds ridiculus, but I''ve been listening to the struggles that the devoted go through, they actually do things like this.

I myself am near starving to accomplish my goals, but I have an indepth understanding of how things work in the universe so i realize it''s an issue of balance. The more effort you put into something, the more you get out of it. It''s paying off for me everyday.

good luck!

-Sage13

Liquid Moon Team

Project X2

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement