🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with project

Started by
0 comments, last by Ichiban Addict 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I need some help with a project a friend and I are making in QBASIC.could someone help me out on how to exchange code and assign tasks when there is more then one person working on the project?
Advertisement
>>>>
assign tasks when there is more then one person working on the project?
>>>
1) use a common chat-room Maybe off of the gamedev channel
2) But it''s best that you guys get a web site, and have a messageboard of some type.
3) It could be as simple as having an msg.txt that all can access with the progress updates and maybe a tasks list
4) It may be a bit more extensive than you planned but there are some game developer sites that set aside an area for messages
5) ALSO use AS WELL ICQ or AIM That way meetings can be co-ordinated

>>>>
Exchanging code
>>>>
Until you get the tasks organized it''ll be difficult to determine code exchange. It does take some discipline for more experience teams.
Have a chief of the code who has the latest copy and it would be accessed from e-mailing him or placing it on your web-site
Hmmmm ... my answer here needs more work

ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement