🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Selling games/apps for mobile devices

Started by
1 comment, last by yanuart 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi, recently I''m very interested with making application (games !!) for wireless/mobile device or let''s just say cellphone. I think with the new generation of cellphone, this thing can be a hype. The question that I like to know is : 1. Do you think that there''s a market for this ?? 2. If I ever come up with a product, what do you think is the next step ?? approach a publisher or sell it on my own ?? 3. Where can I find a publisher that concentrate on publishing games/apps for mobile devices ?? Thank you...
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
I''ve seen a great deal of interest in mobile gaming. Personally I don''t think trying to sell a single game will do very well. After all, most games on mobile devices are just time wasters while sitting in an airport or waiting around.

I think there may be a market for game bundles however where you package 50 or so games together. Even still, I''m not sure how many people would actually go out looking for more games for their cell phone or PDA.

borngamer
What borngamer said is absolutely correct. A company I used to work for was looking into expanding into wireless/mobile games and did extensive market research, a business plan, went to conferences to learn about the market, etc - and decided that for the forseable future mobile/wireless games will not be a profitable market segment; currently the companies in it are lucky to break even at best.

-Nutter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement