🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Converting midi to mp3

Started by
0 comments, last by Meech 24 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone have experience with converting a midi file to an mp3 file? I heard there is software (freeware) that lets you do this, and also Cakewalk has the export option (but I don't have cakewalk). If anyone has done this and can tell me how to do it and where to get the free/shareware I would be most gracious. Actually as a follow-up to my post, I have a Soundblaster POS (if you know what I mean) It is a 95 Aptiva computer and the sound card came stock, so it has no special features. I just want to find a way to get my midis on a CD before I get my new computer system going because of the fact that they sound good on MY soundcard but like crap on every other soundcard (gotta love midi ...) Thanks Meech Edited by - Meech on 4/28/00 3:25:54 PM
Advertisement
Hey,

It''s a peice of cake.
Just have a soundrecorder on rec-mode (soundforge, cooledit, or something like that), then play the midi file. But for this you need a soundcard with full duplex. (a card that can play and record sound simultanesly). So i dont think the sounblaster cards can do this...or maybe some of the new ones, i dont know.

Good luck

/ Marcus Knudsen /MDM
-Game music composer
----------------------/
/ Marcus Knudsen /MDM
Game music composer
www.mp3.com/marcuz
--------------------------/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement