🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wargame Design - working with hexes

Started by
3 comments, last by Peter Fisla 24 years, 1 month ago
Hi All, I''m having a hard time finding on the net some good C++ sample how to work with Hexes. I''m working on a WW2 operational wargame and I would like to implement hexes. Here is basically what I want: 1) I will have a big bmp file with all the hex tile terrain 2) I want to have a map editor where based on map size I select a tile I want to basically make my own map hex by hex. 3) My game will then load a scenario file + map file to play a historical battle scenario. So what I''m looking for is a simple example how to work with hexes + graphics like transparent bitmaps etc... I hope this is the right forum for me to ask this question, if not please direct me to the right one. Thanks all for your help I really appreciate it... Peter Fisla
Advertisement
Try Amit''s Programming Site. I know that has TONS of stuff on tile-based games, iso-games, and hex-based games.

Unfortunately, I''ve lost the URL (*AARGH*). But SOMEONE must have it...

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
URL for amit''s games is http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html its a great site read everything there.
The Isometric forum may also have some clues as they work extensively with tile-based systems such as the one you describe.
Thanks guys for all your help I posted the message to Isometrix forum...

Peter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement