🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game ideas

Started by
5 comments, last by Jayme 21 years, 7 months ago
I have a couple of good ideas for games, but who can i put these''s idea too? thanks
Advertisement
Put them to your own team, if you want to see them done, or get yourself into a game company, work on a few titles, and when you''re experienced enough, totally redo your design and see if you can get them to spend a couple million developing it.

Good luck
Second that. Tell it to your dev team.
I''m betting that your idea really isn''t the unique and beautiful snowflake you think it is. Game companies won''t look at external idea submissions unless your name is Sid Meier.
Until you''re working for a major company, you should make your ideas public domain. It''s more imporant to show off the ideas to get your name out instead of pretending it''s some golden egg that you must not show anyone or it''ll be stolen.

Nobody is going to hire you for your "creative talent" if they can''t see it.

Also, amature programmers tend to have tons of their own ideas. You can''t just toss something out and expect people to jump all over it.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Labyrinth | DevZone | The Wall | Hosting | Tiberian Merchandise | GameShot | Fun With Cutouts ]
AP is spot on. For a fuller explanation of why check out http://www.obscure.co.uk/faq.shtml
Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions

[edited by - obscure on December 9, 2002 2:14:15 PM]
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
I am currently revamping my site to focus on creating a warehouse for concept/design documents. People can submit them, and then others can review them to give feedback, critiques, offer to help implement, or integrate ideas into their own designs. This will hopefully give some people the opportunity to present some ideas to the community and get some constructive criticism (even though we all know we have the best ideas ). Anyway, like I said, it is in the works. The final resting place will be here; if you'd like to see what the current overhaul looks like, please check here and PLEASE give me some feedback or post your thoughts here at gamedev. Hopefully this is a solution for you; the new site should be up mid January.

The Tyr project is here.

[edited by - OctDev on December 12, 2002 7:21:45 AM]
The Tyr project is here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement