🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

gluScaleImage, HELP?!?!

Started by
0 comments, last by drago 24 years, 2 months ago
Can anyone explain me how to use the gluScaleImage function? Let me get more specific. gluScaleImage(GLenum format, GLint widthin, GLint heightin, GLenum typein, const void *datain, GLint widthout, GLint heightout, GLenum typeout, void *dataout); The problem is that i want to be able to load an image with wrong dimensions e.g 144x200 and scale it to e.g 256 x 256 , so that the image data can be uploaded into a texture object. What i do is this (in pseudo code): - Copy texture data - Calculate closest valid dimensions (64 x 64, 128 x 128, etc.) - Delete the original texture data - Allocate memory for the original texture data - call gluScaleImage() This doesn't work, I only see one line at the bottom of the quad (that line seems the be correct). After copying the texture data, I check if(pCopiedTextureData[100] == pOriginalTextureData[100]) to see if the copying worked, it does. Then I checked if the calculated valid dimensions were really valid, so I did and they were. So no problem there. So now I checked if(pCopiedTextureData[100] == pOriginalTextureData[100]) after i deleted and allocated new memory for the pOriginalTextureData, AND THEY EQUAL?!?! So I believe that the problem lies there. ---------- Drago Edited by - drago on 4/29/00 7:51:30 AM
osu!
Advertisement
Here is the modified code:

typedef unsigned char byte;typedef unsigned int uint;void CTexture::ScaleTexture(byte *pTexData, uint nTexWidth, uint nTexHeight, uint nTexColorDepth, GLenum format){   // Copy the original texture data   uint nTempTexWidth = nTexWidth;   uint nTempTexHeight = nTexHeight;   uint nTempTexColorDepth = nTexColorDepth;   uint nTempTexMemSpace = nTempTexWidth * nTempTexHeight * (nTempTexColorDepth / 8);   byte *pTempTexData = new byte[nTexMemSpace];   memcpy(pTempTexData, pTexData, nTexMemSpace);   // Set new texture properties for the original texture data   nTexWidth = nTexHeight = 256;   // Delete the original texture data and allocate new memory for the scaled texture   delete [] pTexData;   uint nScaledTexMemSpace = nTexWidth * nTexHeight * (nTexColorDepth / 8);   pTexData = new byte[nScaledTexMemSpace];   // Scale the texture   gluScaleImage(format, nTempTexWidth, nTempTexHeight, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, pTempTexData, nTexWidth, nTexHeight, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, pTexData);}     

----------
Drago

Edited by - drago on 4/29/00 10:31:54 AM
osu!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement