🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Paying game site to give your game high review score

Started by
0 comments, last by oto76mm 21 years, 7 months ago
Is it possible to pay game review site to give your game high review even your game have little play value ? I believe this may generate more sale. http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2898173,00.html After reading these review I go and get a copy of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance , I have to admit that deadly alliance have wonderful graphic but it game play suck. 1) you cannot jump vertically up you can only jump forward and backward. 2) the forward jump is so low that you can not avoid your enemy fireball and normal punch. (I wonder why allow jump since it have not much use compare to other 3D fighter game) 3) You can block enemy throwing you. 4) It seen that by just using combo attack, you will able to win your friend in Versus mode. NO point using fireball or weapon. If I will to review it, I will only give it 4/10.
Advertisement
quote: Is it possible to pay game review site to give your game high review even your game have little play value ?

Yes it does happen sometimes unfortunately. Look for games where most reviews give it a bad score, if you see an excellent score for the same game in a few places, then there''s a possibility that either the reviewer is mad or is biased in some way.

Usually it isn''t ever as direct as "give us a high score and we''ll give you $1000" though. More like "we''re thinking of taking out 12 months worth of $12000 double page adverts in your magazine, but we''re not sure whether you like our games".

The larger publishers do also do things to try and improve the opinion/favourability of the press toward their product such as inviting them to product launch parties in exotic places (with flights and hotel bills paid).

500x1

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement