🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Shadows

Started by
13 comments, last by RandomJon 24 years, 1 month ago
I like your shadows RandomJon, they are quite spectacular an realistic. Could you apply this shadow to technique to any arbitraty object, say some terrain for example??
Advertisement
I like your shadows RandomJon, they are quite spectacular an realistic. Could you apply this shadow to technique to any arbitrary object, say some terrain for example??
I guess so, if the terrain was built up of planar objects, say triangles or triangular strips...

Do you know of anyone who can do that kind of stuff RandomHippo?

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback
Well as a matter of fact I have experience of terrain generation using triangle strips. You might be interested in a message I have just posted titled ''terrain generation''.
When I''ve finished all my other work I may want some help developing shadows more in respect to a few ideas I had, anyone out there expert at c++ and maintaining variable sized arrays? or even ones where you don''t know the starting size??
I am actually trying to write a realtime scripting language, like for raytracing, so that a lot of cool stuff can be drawn but the programmer only has to enter a simple script the program generates output and voila real time (almost) ray tracing...
Any help greatly appreciated...

Check out my shadows page
and send me some feedback
Check out my shadows page and send me some feedback

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement