🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Full screen Graphics

Started by
0 comments, last by DuhMe 24 years, 1 month ago
How would I get a large graphic onscreen? If I wanted to make a large logo background for the initial startup before you get into the game. This is probably a stupid question but I''ve asked many people and they just tell me to split it up.. but it would suck since I wouldn''t want to do that for every picture I load that is weird shaped or too large. Thanks DuhMe I''m an idiot so you don''t have to be.
DuhMeI''m an idiot so you don''t have to be.
Advertisement
Well, if you dont want to split the picture up, you can use
glBitmap and glRasterPos to paste a bitmap. But beware, it is slow as hell...

if it also has a progressbar (nothing else as bitmaps are drawn), you should be able to (didn't test it):

disable detphbuffer or depthmasking (not sure if it nessesary)

clear your backbuffer, and render logo and other bitmaps using glBitmap and glRasterPos (if it is a fullscreen logo, skip clearing the buffer, and you may need to render it to both buffers (front/back))

now for each "progress" you make, draw the progressbar and then swap buffers ( but not clear the buffer )....

thereby the big logo/other bitmaps which hasn't anything to do with the progressbar, only are drawed once...=)

( my english isn't the best :-) )

Edited by - Claus Hansen Ries on May 10, 2000 9:07:00 AM
Ries

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement