🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

UK Graduate Jobs...

Started by
5 comments, last by CheeseMonger 21 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I wish to take a year out of my undergraduate degree course (BSc Games Computing(Software Dev)) this year to go on a placement. Does anyone know of a graduate job directory/publication in the industry where I can find vacancies without joining an agency? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers - CheeseMonger
- CheeseMonger
Advertisement
Judging by the lack of replies, the graduate job market is none too pretty then, eh?

Hmmm.

- CheeseMonger
- CheeseMonger
I''ve been looking for a job as a graduate for some months. I cannot find a place.
Have you graduated? Or are you looking for a placement like myself?

- CheeseMonger
- CheeseMonger
I wont say its not possible to find a job, but I dont know if you noticed but a LOT of UK game developers have gone bust recently, and a lot more are on the edge of going bust. When they go bust theres a lot of staff looking for new jobs, with experience and titles under their belt. They are having a hard time finding work, I hate to think how difficult it would be to find work as just a graduate.

Make sure you have a very good demo, and try to send it with your CV to some developers, you might get lucky.
try rare. Always seem to have adverts for new grads
quote: Original post by the enemy
I wont say its not possible to find a job, but I dont know if you noticed but a LOT of UK game developers have gone bust recently, and a lot more are on the edge of going bust.

I was just reading this months ''Develop'' and yeah, every other news item was "Such and such closed up shop", "Branch offices close", "Quarterly finance warnings", etc.

Do you think it would be a good idea to join a recruitment agency?

- CheeseMonger
- CheeseMonger

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement