🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

download everything

Started by
2 comments, last by Buckaroo Buddha 24 years, 1 month ago
ok ... so i''m the kind of guy who thinks using a bazooka as a flyswatter is a good idea but for websites like this one, (or www.WDVL,com) ones with tonnes of reference content, i always feel like it would be a really good idea to download the whole site and burn it to a CD so''s i can read it (at least the old stuff) locally ... i geuss it''s not really a big issue for those with reliable high-speed connections but for the rest of us it''s simply practical so.... how do ya go about getting the whole site locally?
Advertisement
I got a really neat program called SiteSnagger which does the job. There is a link to it on this coding site:

http://members.home.net/davidlai/game.html
Write a bot to DL the whole website. It''s pretty simple... It''s so simple I think that Devstudio even comes with a sample program to do exactly that...
If a man is talking in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Go to www.download.com, select Internet then Offline browsers. There''s a mix of freeware/shareware packages there that will let you save webpages and view them offline.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement