🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

War Zone

Started by
0 comments, last by Gorky 24 years, 1 month ago
I actually wouldn''t mind a new forum called the ''War Zone'' It''s purpose: A place where people can fight over topics that such as VB vs. C++, SDK VS. MFC, DirectX vs. OpenGL, Windows vs. Unix vs. Macs, Hasbro vs. the little guys, one Microsoft vs. multiple Microsoft''s, etc... There are way to many threads these days that start out with a simple question, then the next thing you know, it''s some type of war. I''m not saying the debate of these topics is not needed, it''s just that quite often, the person posting a question gets lost in the ''war''. If such a forum existed, one of us could say "Hey guys, take it to the War Zone. Now to the original poster here''s how you do that..." The war zone could even host ''flame wars'' (Personally I don''t think it''s a good idea, but some people seem to want that.) Once again if users start to flame each other in another topic, we say once again ("Hey guys, take it to the War Zone.) The War Zone could become the dumping ground for the occasional spot topics. (Like the Microsoft Monopoly forum and the Hasbro Forum.) The need for new spot topics would probably disappear. We the board members, get the added feature that even after the topic is no longer in use, it''s still in the history. Unlike the missing Microsoft forum. Mainly I wish for such a forum, because I personally, wish to read about making games or help others with thier problems. I get quite irritated with topics that diverge. Let each topic forum post stay within the topic! The new forum doesn''t mean people will play by the rules. But it does give a better structure to keep on topic if they do. (Or don''t, they are at least scolded by others.)
Advertisement
I forgot to mention the final use of the war zone.
A meeting ground for those wishing to fight other board members in all types of internet games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement