🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Texture gets destroyed when i change to fullscreen

Started by
1 comment, last by Chris F 24 years, 1 month ago
I have modified the source code from NeHe''s lesson 6 tutorial. I put everything in classes and added support for dsound and dinput. My problem is when I switch to display mode (fullscreen to windowed or windowed to fullscreen) my textures seem to get destroyed, I''m not sure if their actually getting destroyed but the scene gets rendered without a texture afterwards. Is there a special function to reload textures like in d3d? I couldn''t find anything in the source code for lesson 6. I''m new to openGL and I''ve all my 3d programming efforts has been limited to direct3D. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
Advertisement
Hi,

I also have a problem with fullscreen. I try to go to full screen using the NeHe tutorials and I get the error...
"Can''t Create A GL Rendering Context" It works in non fullscreen rendering mode. I have the Intense 3D (old video card RUSH I think). Probably that''s the problem. Any solutions?
"If you build it, it will crash."
hmm. there are too many potential problems and you didn''t give enuff info on what exactly you''re doing so I guess I''ll just post what I would check for.

If you''re switching to fullscreen make sure you don''t regenerate (or create another) window you don''t have to close or free off your textures etc when you switch to fullscreen either so make sure you''re not calling the WM_CLOSE message or anything when switching to fullscreen.

Again, I don''t know exactly what you''re doing but I know in my own programs I switch to full and windowed with no problems and no odd texture problems either.

Maybe post what exactly you''re doing to make it switch from windowed to full, including all the calls before and after the switch.

This Space Left Blank

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement