🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGl + Borland C++ Builder + Fullscreen

Started by
5 comments, last by Gepper 24 years, 1 month ago
I got windowed mode to work fine in borland, but how would i do to set it fullscreen? Cheers, Gepper
Advertisement
use glSetDisplayMode(int width,int height,int bpp)
Styles
The way most people set to fullscreen with opengl sucks my ass so if you really want to do fullscreen. They normally use a win32api call called ChangeDisplaySettings. This call does not work well so don''t use it. Try mixing directdraw calls with opengl and get all the DC''s and stuff.
Believe me, this has been done.
Yes, that was the advice i got so far. Making the window borderless and setting it''s dimensions to the desktop size. _Not_ a good idea IMO. glSetDisplayMode <-- where do you find this function??

Any more tips?

Gepper
Go see NeHe Tutorial 1
They Describe both Fullscreen and Windowed Mode.
Iceman:
Yes, but NeHe uses the windows API, Borland C++ Builder uses the vcl library. An example for BCB would be nice..

Gepper
Hello there,
i always use ChangeDisplaySettings with the CDS_FULLSCREEN flag and dont have any problems in c++builder also to get fullscreen just maximize a window with borderstyle = bsnone and the 3dfx logo should come up if using a 3dfx card.

Cheers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement