🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Email Digest

Started by
2 comments, last by Spyder 24 years, 1 month ago
Request: I would like to be able to subscribe to a discussion group and recieve a daily/weekly digest of all postings.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Spyder

Request: I would like to be able to subscribe to a discussion group and recieve a daily/weekly digest of all postings.

Well, if you had set Recieve Replies {or something like that} when you posted, you'd be recieving this in you're email. This doesn't include just anyone replying to the post though. Only if they click on the Reply to Message icon in your message would that happen.

Exactly what do you mean by "discussion group"? Do you mean a particular Forum or the Thread of a certain Post?

The previous could choke the Msg.Brd. system. It would depend on the number of posts per day, how many people would use this service, how long it takes to contact your email, etc. If it does choke the system, it would be like an internal/inherent Denial of Service. I'm not saying anyone is being nasty if they use this method; it just could become a problem really quickly.

As for recieving a digest of a thread, this is far more reasonable sounding as it would put nearly the same strain on the system as the Reply to Post emails do now.

That last one sounds like a great idea. I think it would be useful that way. So now if we could get Geoff's approval...

---Sonic Silicon---

Edited by - SonicSilcion on May 15, 2000 4:12:20 PM
quote: Original post by SonicSilcion

So now if we could get Geoff''s approval...

It''s really not up to Geoff.

This is an interesting idea, and something that supported (though not used) in the old UBBS. We''ll look into it.

Oops.
Sorry about that. I can''t remember what everyone does around here. I probably should check out that "Who here writes what?" post.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement