🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

adding HW Acceleration to tutorials

Started by
14 comments, last by KOTOS-6 24 years ago
mainly for Voodoo3 mac anyone know how I would go about this.
Advertisement
well if you have the correct drivers for your card.
If you select run in fullscreen it should start..(you see a nice 3dfx logo)
I don''t have a Voodoo card for my Mac, but can you even use a voodoo card with GLUT apps? Because GLUT on the Mac doesn''t support true full screen. Anybody know the answer?

Morgan
?it doesn''t support full screen? it must!
the tutorials that where ported don''t do full screen
but I''m sure their is a way to make it draw full screen.
the Mac V3 drivers don''t do the 3dfxlogo.
the drivers are in beta so there are some GL functions not added yet but the tuts seem to run ok just not as fast as I would like.
mainly the Particle engine
it looks so kool but it would look super groovy real fast.
I''ll ask my programing friend that works at lucas Arts about the fullscreen GLUT he''ll know
so he said that There is on the pC but didn''t know if GlutFullScreen() is implemented on
the mac yet or not.It''s part of glut 3.7.
so give it a looksee see if its there
learn the mac gamesprockets. Use DrawSprocket to enable fullscreen on the mac
GLUT on the Mac doesn''t support TRUE full screen. GlutFullScreen() works, but the menu bar remains visible. To do full screen you should really learn DrawSprocket to do true full screen. I''ve been thinking of writing up a tutorial on this (OpenGL using DrawSprocket and AGL) if anybody thinks they''d use it then say so.

Morgan
One step at a time Anonymous Poster I haven''t started tut 2 yet;P

ya ya
yes please write a tutorial OpenGL using DrawSprocket and AGL{what is AGL?}

I think GL tutorials for the mac are much need.
I''m sure there are lots of people like me who love games and art and would love to do some programing but haven''t a clue about how to go about it.well at least 2 days ago I didn''t,this site has changed that.

Sure, I''ll write a tutorial as soon as possible (it might not be for another week or more, I still have some final projects to finish up). AGL is Apple''s implementation of OpenGL, so you can use functions to access OpenGL commands and stuff withing regular MacOS apps which will also work with DrawSprockets. Yeah, NeHe''s site helped me out a lot too when I first started! Thanks NeHe!

Morgan
No rush
OH so AGL=Applegl
Duh I should have figured that out

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement