🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Some FAQ suggestions

Started by
1 comment, last by Kazan 24 years, 1 month ago
I think that the Gamedev messageboard FAQ could do with being slightly larger. At the moment the FAQ doesn't detail much more than the message board's rules of conduct and the meanings of the post levels. The things that I would like to see added to the FAQ are things that tell a user specifically how to use the message board software. Here are a few suggestions: How to use smileys : This part could tell the user how to get smileys into their text. You could also list the meanings of all the different smileys. e.g. The differences in meanings between and . Simple HTML : Quite a few people new to the boards don't know HTML and they have problems with putting links and pictures into their posts this section doesn't need to go into depth, just tell the users how to insert a simple pic or link. Adding a section about pictures would also allow you to lay down a few rules on the acceptable sizes of pictures. (e.g. an 8Kb limit on sig pictures and a 80Kb limit on one off pictures providing the title states that there are large pictures posted in the topic). This part of the FAQ should also tell users how to use simple HTML tags. Things like how to use bold ,italics and different coloured fonts. How to post certain text : Many people have problems with code that contains angular brackets, the FAQ could describe how to get around this problem. (I still dont know how to solve this problem). What does everone else think? -- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games -- Edited by - Kazan on 5/25/00 1:43:07 PM
Advertisement
Good list .

One more thing to add: how to make those quote things. I still haven''t figured out how to make those (anyone feel like posting how, or is it some sort of dark secret? )

--TheGoop
quote: Original post by TheGoop

Good list .

One more thing to add: how to make those quote things. I still haven''t figured out how to make those (anyone feel like posting how, or is it some sort of dark secret? )

--TheGoop

To make this I just clicked on the reply to message button at the top of your post. The message board software does the quote automatically

We can add that to the list of things for the FAQ.

-- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games --

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement