🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please give me some ideas!

Started by
8 comments, last by Kshain 24 years ago
Hi! I am just starting to create a desgn doc for a "Car Driving" game. How ever, this is like none before it. You are not restricted to the normal flashy race cars, instead you may pick cement trucks, tar carrier, and those sort of thing. And, you dont race of in a secluded little county side. You are unleased in the heart (or wherever) of a modern urban city, including Los Vegas, New York (the city),San Francisco, Hong-Kong, and many more... At anytime in the game you can turn of the track and run over some innocent pedestrians, or crash into a huge building. The building will fall, according to the amount of damage it receives and where you hit it (meaning if you barely hit it, it wont do anything, but if you hit some of the posts holding the "complex" (or whatever) up, the building will fall.) Now, the only problem with going around and running into buildings is that once your car reaches 100% damage, it explodes. Obviously, you will then have to spend some of the money you earned from a different race on buying a new car. You can also lose money by running over citizens when their is a cop watching you (of course, he has to get ya first!) The things you can spend your money that you win when you complete a race in first place are, new engines, cars, gasses (probabley the cheapest thing in the game (according to real life prices) , and pretty much everything else. The Things I need from you are: Storyline Background Story Game object and the different modes of gameplay (tag, reg. race, career etc...) Trouble with the Law (fines and reasons for the problem) City Representation (how longs it gonna take to get from one side of the city to the other) Player View (more then one?) Cars in the way (AI Cars that are in traffic/just driving along) UPGRADES, etc. Level 1 Cars BEST Level 2 Cars OK Level 3 Cars BEGINNER Engines and gasses (to buy) Other "Hardware" Resources Graphics (What part 3-D what part 2-D?) Sound (What genre of musin? Punk, Heavy Rock, Electric) Other Bits & Pieces (anything else) IN GENERAL, JUST GIVE ME ANYTHING!
| / |/ _ | | / __ __ | / | | |__| /__ || | / | -| | | / || | / | _| | |/ __||__ | _/
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Kshain

Hi! I am just starting to create a desgn doc for a "Car Driving" game. How ever, this is like none before it

Pardon my stupidity here, but you are the same guy who posted a few days ago about being an ultra elite designer? Why would you now need ideas?

Anyway, seeing as how you are eating crow at this point, I point you to the best RPG for car games ever, Car Wars.

"Five passengers set sail that day, for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...."
sounds like midtown madness from icrosoft
Huh? If you would re-check the post, you would see that no where on the entire post did I ever say that I was a "ultra elite designer." Please check your sorces
| / |/ _ | | / __ __ | / | | |__| /__ || | / | -| | | / || | / | _| | |/ __||__ | _/
Huh, kinda like you should check YOUR sources before saying that your game is "like none before it" when two high-budget games have already been mentioned that are very similar.

BTW, It also sounds kind of like Carmaggedon and Roll Cage in certain ways.

------------------------------
"You mean I have to be clinically insane to use your bathroom?!"
--Mason Carver, atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
are you nuts? Apart from being far from origonal game idea, the amount of work that would be required to track the structural integrity of every building in the track would be immense. An then if a building did collapse imagine the amount of debris flying around you would then have to track as well. I''ll admit that I''m newbie scum when it comes to advanced programming, but I''m pretty sure what your talking about would be damn near impossible with current computers or run so slow that it be about as much fun as watching grass grow.
hi there!
i am a games grafix and music designer....
so....
i think i might get handy to you....
i you want contact me please for more information.
i can do 2d pictures,3d models wth 3dmax,
music and sound fx are my specielty.
if you want....

just contact me

The goblin will always watch...
Ok... here is something that I forgot to tell you guys... this is only a design doc and it will probably never be worked on as a actuall game. This is for a little "contest" with someone on Gamedev.net
Hmm, aren''t you cheating then?
Bah, sounds exactly a game a friend of mine is doing called boy racer, just without the HGVs

CJ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement