🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A non-violent game story ?

Started by
36 comments, last by b1llz 21 years, 2 months ago
Any creative ideas for a game that is totally non-violent ? Adventure game or somethin like that. New ideas will be appreciated. Thanks On a long enough time line, the survival rate drops to zero.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate drops to zero.
Advertisement
You should realy define violence, because it all depends on who you ask. I say that Sonic the headgehog was not violent, but many people would disagree with me stateing that you are jumping on peoples heads, so just clearify by what you mean non-violent.

Or you could make a game about making a pie or walking a dog.....
____________________________________________________________[email=UntimelyDeathProductions@yahoo.com][E-mail me][/email]
Blast Corps came close.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
not if you ascociate destruction with violence...
You could make it a line of sight type game, so for example you have to save princess so and so but the guards can''t see you or you are put in jail (or start back out side).. The object of the game would be for you to avoid the guards and hide behind things rather then beating things on the head or shooting them..

Basically I would say that if you don''t have to fight something your basically going to create a type of puzzle game, with adventure in it.. you could play with the guard Idea, a maze, a lock, any type of puzzle you can think of and then have your character be a part of it

Please visit Turt99 Productions
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
yeh that reminds me of "The Island of Dr.Brain". old none-violent game that was filled with puzzles, it was very entertaining.
Well, why not an adventure game? Take a look at the Monkey Island series. Make such an adventure in a somewhat different setting that takes out the need for occasional insulting (hehe), cursing, and swordfighting, and you have a perfectly nice non-violent game... Man, I love Monkey Island. If you take the insults for non-violent, then it''s always the way the game seems to get violent (but actually doesn''t get voilent at all) that makes you laugh.....

And off course, you could also write some kind of puzzle game or action game, like arkanoid, samegame, reversi, tetris etc etc etc....
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
I''d say sportgames are very non-violent. So are racing games. all the sim games (sim city, sim tower etc) and the theme games (theme park, theme hospital) etc.

There''s lots of games out there with a non-violent theme
----------------------------
When hell freezes over it will be a pretty cool place to snowboard
quote: Original post by ZitherMan
I''d say sportgames are very non-violent.

that''s debatable..
tell that to the hundreds of people who die in soccer riots every year

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Whenever the issue of violence came up, I always jokingly thought about a game where you have to run around popping bubbles.

Who knows, maybe someone can make something of it.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement