🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sales Figures of a game

Started by
0 comments, last by Christian Schlager 21 years, 3 months ago
I have a similar question to the one brooke made. Is there a source where i can see sales figures of lets say, Jagged Alliance 2. And i dont want necessarily pay for it. I need that because i have to show wether a game was a hit or a flop. So i guess i could also use sth. like a Highscore from users'' favourite games. I know that eg. Jagged Alliance 2 got a whole bunch of never-heard-of and heard-of Awards from various computer magazines, but then again, that doesnt say anything about the people buying it. Er, if i dont find sth., i''ll just say that almost every company which had contact with Jagged Alliance 2 got financial problems afterwards. So its quite obvious that it wasnt a success.
Advertisement
Hmm, I think that kind of information is typically paid for. I guess it''s especially hard to get hold of since the game was released quite a few years back. This would probably be the best place to look for actual sales data (pay-site of course) http://www.npdfunworld.com/ .

There are also other factors to consider. For instance, I think Sir-tech were also doing the last Wizardry (8?) at the same time. And JA2 took ages to get to market, which must have hurt. Plus some dickhead decided it wouldn''t be multiplayer..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement