🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3d exploration and textures

Started by
13 comments, last by Castor3d 24 years ago
what type of mapping are you using? the only mapping that worked with me is "face" mapping. if some of the textures are screwed up, i selected the screwed up faces, and then used the modifier/UnwrapUVW to change the texture coords for those faces. This seems to work best with 3d exploration.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Advertisement
hi a2k

i think i use "face" mapping too (i say i think because my machine is out for few days so i can''t verify but what is this modifier "unwrapUVW" or more precisely where do you activate it?

lunasol
Ok new fantastic problem (such a thing can only happen to me)

when i use
glCallList(Gen3DObjectList());

Something starts chewing up memory and ends up killing the machine after 30 sec or so.

I have tried making a new fresh file from 3d exploration and leaving it unaltered this time but to no avail, same results. I also tried it with the skeleton from lesson 1, but guess what... same result still.

Im ready to burn everything ive done so far and start over but it seems like it wont make any differance.
hi
my machine is now ok.
i have found the modifier "unwrap uvw". How do you do to select a particular face?
bouh.. i want coding not to learn 3DSMAX!)
castor3d:i would like help you but i ''m quite new with all this stuff

lunasol
sorry, i''m more at home in MAX. so, the way i do it is select the mesh, modify->EditMesh, SubObject->Face, (select the triangle), then click on a triangle to modify it''s texture coords. if the triangles have similar winding problems, you can select multiple triangles and fix them all at the same time.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement