🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Super slow GeForce

Started by
2 comments, last by Danack 24 years ago
Last week I upgraded from an Ati rage 128 to a GeForce DDR....for one day everything was lovely (apart from the fact that it refused to do anti-aliased lines.) But now it refuses to run the program I''m working on at more than 8 frames a second(and thats when I''m only writing the framerate to the screen and nothing else.). All other OpenGL programs seem to be fine...including NeHe''s tutorials, which my program is based on....anybody have any suggestions? cheers dan Game production: Good, quick, cheap: Choose two.
Game production:Good, quick, cheap: Choose two.
Advertisement
Maybe your framerate code just calculate the wrong FPS. Are you sure that your program is really slowdown?
Or it just because the framerate doesn''t show properly.
The fps has dropped from 80 fps to less than one frame a second with everything turned on. I''m pretty sure this is a real slow down.

Whats really weird is that i compiled the project on another machine. The slow executable runs slow on both machines. The new executable runs fast on both machines.

I then has to upgrade the other machine to a GeForce as well....guess what happens? neither machine can compile the game to run fast anymore, but the second exe still runs okay.

Obviously this must have something to do with the way the exe is being built, and seeing as it''s the same code it be an external header or library....but none of these have changed.

anyway if anyone has any suggestions please feel free...

cheers dan

funt it.

I went back to some older drivers and everythings fine now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement