🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Character Designer Dealie

Started by
1 comment, last by Faradhi 21 years, 2 months ago
It doesn''t do much, and it''s far from the most intuitive thing I''ve ever written. But it does the job... You''ve seen the name generators out there... Now you can see a character generator. Using some of the mystical power of tarot (quit laughing ) this program can generate a character profile. If this seems like a bad idea to you... Well... I don''t care, I had fun thinking up the idea Hoping this tag works... Download Zip (62kb) Sample output from the console version: The Tarot-Based Character Generator Letting people make people... Please select an option 1. Generate a Character Personality Only 2. Generate a Character History Only 3. Generate a Full Character 0. What the hell is this? Where''s my grocery list? 1 Personality Two of Cups A new relationship starting up, or a new phase in an existing relationship Ambitions/Goals Queen of Swords A determined woman, but with a barrier between her and others Relations Three of Swords Heartbreak, unless you can communicate Problems Ace of Wands A new initiative Press to test... *click* Release to detonate...
Press to test... *click* Release to detonate...
Advertisement
Nice little program, good for simple characters with a bit of personality. However on the second program with the grey background, there is not enough space sometimes to display the full text for example:
....don''t rest on your (presumably laurels)
Not bad though, pity I''ve already done my profiles. It could be useful for people in Mouxhim though.

Artificial entertainment- Define reality...
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
That one was a real quicky, and I kinda forgot to put somewhere that if you click on a card description, you get it listed in the large empty space to the right... That should help with that, although I really should look at revamping the UI so that you don''t need to do that...

*wanders off thinking*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement