🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

does this count as a shipped title? (jobs in the industry)

Started by
2 comments, last by quack 21 years, 2 months ago
A while back in 97, I had a demo that showed off the features of a new gfx card at the time for a now defunt leading 3D graphics card designer. It was released on the cover CD of Boot magazine. Does that count as a shipped title? (the kind companies ask for on job ads) I'm gona start j-o-b hunting shortly.(I'm out of school in a few months!) (it's funny cause at the time the company actually offered me a job then ) well if any industry pro's know what counts let me know please. thanks quack [edited by - quack on May 1, 2003 3:48:02 PM]
www.autodefrost.com/~travisSignature Virus cleaned by McAfee
Advertisement
It will depend on who is reviewing your resume.

If you are applying for a graphics programming job, then there is a good chance that it will.

Any other programming job, maybe. It just depends on the reviewer/intevier.
No it''s not a title. But those requirements are often more relaxed than they are made to be.

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
quote: Original post by quack
....I had a demo that.....

A demo doesn''t constitute a shipped product. They mean a full game started, finished, boxed and sold to show that you can go the whole distance. But, as Mike said, they can someotime relax that requirement. If for instance you have done an entire shareware game or have done a 3d engine or some other interesting programme that demonstrates an ability to get the job done they might accept that.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Game Development & Design consultant
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement