🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Its all very well but what about logic.....

Started by
0 comments, last by Ozz 24 years ago
Knowing the ins and outs of OpenGL is fine but what about game logic. i.e What routines are called where and when and why, which ones loop(if any) etc... How AI or Physics systems are integrated. Has anyone seen any articles on this subject?
Advertisement
I promptly say that i''ve never read nothing (of really usefull) about game-logic in the game-developing''s articles that i studied until today.
Naturally, OpenGL doesn''t support any physics systems (or others), so you have to project your-self a physic-engine.
I''ve already made a vectorial-gravity system, but it was implemented in my last program (a virus-life simulator) and it''s not possible to extract it and report it here.
I recommend you to study all-the-possible about linear systems and function analysis(for objects interactions), vectorial calculation (for physic system simulations) and neural nets (for AI)
If you already knows them :-)), you can start to build some objects that manage the data structures of the game.
I''m sorry but i can''t help you more :-(
At any rate, your question interessed me very much, and now i''m going to search something to help you better ;-)
I hope i''ll write something of more usefull in a few hours.

//-------------
Making Funny Fake Codes
//-------------
//-------------A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.http://members.xoom.it/NinjaCross

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement