🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Russian Fonts in OpenGL

Started by
2 comments, last by Plamya 24 years ago
Zdravsti vsem! I was going over NeHe''s tutorial 14 (3D Fonts), and I noticed that RUSSIAN_CHARSET can be used in the font. I tried this and could not get cyrillik letters to display on my screen. The program compiles properly, and it works with english letters, but when I try to use cyrilliks, it does not display them. If anyone knows how to get around this, please let me know. Thanx in advance.
Advertisement
Use a bitmap font...
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
What you probably need is a Russian{Cryllic} font. A similar result happens on the internet when you don''t have the typeface that is required. The only difference is that your not seeing anything in OpenGL, whereas on the internet there''d be hollow boxes for each character.
Plamya --

You should read lesson 13 on bitmap fonts, then check out my BLAB-WARE software, "Bitmap Font Builder" at http://www.LMNOpc.com to build the Cryllic font you need. If you need a change to BFB to support something different about the character set, let me know and I'll update the program.

Good luck!

Edited by - ThomW on June 6, 2000 9:23:52 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement