🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGL Textures

Started by
1 comment, last by -=NsC=- 24 years ago
I have two problems. First: When I''m coming closer to a texture, It becomes slower; But that does not happen in for example Unreal Tournament and so on. So did I forget anything to speed all up? Second: In the PDF-Tutorial, at the end of every lesson, there stands, that I can download the Sources of all the Tutorials, but I don''t know where, and this is not a link. Please forgive my bad English, I''m German. __Thanx__
Advertisement
The source can be downloaded from the end of each of the on-line versions of the tutorials.

Morgan
Texture mapping will always be slower when you get closer to the textures, UT uses smaller, lower quality textures for models which it can draw faster, it also clips polygons to the screen and does backface culling (both of which will help improve speed). The source can be downloaded from the end of each of the on-line versions of the tutorials.

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement