🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programming as a Hobby and Career?

Started by
1 comment, last by bartyount 21 years, 2 months ago
I''ve been working for a company as an electrical engineer for the past 8 years. This is the only job I''ve had since I''ve been out of school. I enjoy my job for the most part, but I''ve always wondered how I''d like a job as a programmer. I''ve enjoyed programming as a hobby for many years. However, I''m reluctant to pursue a programming job because I''m worried that once I turn the hobby into a job, I won''t enjoy it anymore. I just wanted to get thoughts or opinions from those out there who program for a living. Do you enjoy your job, or do you just look forward to the end of the day so you can go home and work on your own projects? Thanks, Bart
Advertisement
When I worked as a game programmer, I really enjoyed my work, I was thinking of the stuff to do even at home.
When I worked as a web programmer, on the other hand, I really hated it.

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Hi!

I am software developer for over 10 years now, and i like my job. I make database application, statistics,... at work, and i try to make games in spare time (not all my spare time -> only a few hours a week are not enough to make big games, but perhaps i will finish one or two small games).

McMc
----------------------------My sites:www.bytemaniac.com www.mobilegames.cc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement