🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Rotation

Started by
0 comments, last by lespezi 24 years ago
With glRotate(90, 0.0, 0.1, 0.0) a cube (for example) is rotated with 90 degrees around oy. But this coordinate system is linked to the cube; it rotates itself together with the cube. I want to use another coordinate system: as I sit down on the chair in front of my computer and I look to the screen, OX is a horizontal line on the screen and OY is a vertical line on the screen. The cross point between them is at the left-down corner of the monitor. If the cube is in a random position (ox, oy and oz have a random orientation), how do I rotate it around OX? What about OY? Another question: how do I modify the speed of rotation? And my last question so far: how do I catch with GLUT that event when all 3 mouse buttons are pressed simultaneously? Thanks!
Advertisement
If you use glRotatef(angle,1.0,0.0,0.0);
you actually rotate the whole cordinate system not a cube.

And you can change the cordinates to the way you want them in a way with glOrtho(somestuff) but I don''t recomend it!
So how should you rotate your object which is at a random
distance?

well you could translatef it to the center and then rotate it and then put it back!

well the speed is depent of how many degress you rotate /frame!

ohh well what the heck lets try it?
______________________________ohh well what the heck lets try it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement