🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game questions

Started by
0 comments, last by Cyberpawz 21 years, 2 months ago
I''m asking these questions to get an idea of what a game should consist of, I know the game I want to design, but knowing what other people would like to see in it, would be beneficial to me, to incorporate into it, if possible. Cyberpawz 1. Do you presently play computer games? 2. What is your favorite computer game presently? a. What about this game makes it your favorite? b. What would you like to see in this game to improve it? 3. What is your favorite computer game of all time? a. What about this game makes it your all time favorite? b. What would you like to see in this game to improve it? 4. Do you play online games and if so what games? a. What do you like about this gaming experience? (Please answer for each game) b. What would you like to see in this game(S) to improve it(them)? 5. Do you play any Role Playing Games? 6. What Role Playing Games do you play? 7. If you could improve one thing or add one feature to this game, what would it be? 8. If you could improve a second thing or add a second feature to this game, what would it be? 9. If you were designing a brand new Role Playing Game for home and on-line play, what are the five most important features that you would have in the game?
Font size: [size=7]Upon the new name of the new Windows OS (Longhorn), potentially coming out by 2005, to compete against the new Mac OS of 10.5 (Panther), a response was given.Panthers eat Longhorns. Does this remind anyone of Windows 95 ("Chicago") vs. System 7.5 ("Capone")?
Advertisement
Going to bed now but I will try to answer later. However I just wanted to say that I think your questions will generate a high noise to signal ratio (very little useful information). The reason is that your questions are not specific. What people enjoy about a shoot-em-up wont be applicable to an adventure game, puzzle game or strategy game. If you already have a specific idea in mind I think you would be better off aiming your questions at that genre.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Game Development & Design consultant
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement