🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NightRise Script

Started by
1 comment, last by Magic Card 21 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, I know it''s been a while since I posted here (about 6 months), but I just need to ask a question. I''ve been working on the NightRise script a lot recently, and currently have it at about 122 pages and maybe a little over half way through the game. Should I bother trying to find voice actors or should I just print the text on the screen?
-----------------------------A world destroyed, a myth rebord. Some truths should remain untold...Check out NightRise today, coming eventually from DanAvision Software Entertainment.http://www.danavisiongames.com
Advertisement
That''s a lot of script...

I''d go with the text... Reading through screens of text can be boring, but a voice actor who doesn''t pull it off right is going to screw the game over majorly... I''m sure you''ve played a game where a something about a certain character''s voice just makes you want to wince... Not so common with the new titles, but there''s still a few out there who flub terribly...

Guess it all depends if ya got the cash to spend on a good voice actor... Or know a good one who''ll work fer cheap...

Press to test... *click* Release to detonate...
Press to test... *click* Release to detonate...
I''d do text for 98% of the script, leaving voice for the cutscenes if applicable or in between missions, you know, only the important parts.

Just Smile and Nod...
I AM an Army of One... I just have 10,000 other Armies of One to back me up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement