🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Error With Nehe's new F1 key code

Started by
3 comments, last by steve_bruce 24 years ago
Has anyone else had any problems with Nehe''s tutorials that use the F1 key to flip between fullscreen and windowed modes. It seems to me that there is some kind of bug. When I choose fullscreen it goes into fullscreen mode. When I press F1 it goes into windowed mode like it should. But when I press F1 again to go back into fullscreen mode this little error pops up and exits the program... "Can''t Activate The GL Rendering Context" It happens when you start in windowed mode as well. Press F1 to go to fullscreen then F1 to go back to windowed mode and then pressing F1 again brings up the error message. Does anyone know what''s going on here? Has anyone had the same problems. Maybe it''s the hardware I''m using. I''ve got an AMD Athlon 600 and a 16MB Voodoo 3 2000.
Advertisement
i had a problem with it, though it was slightly different, if you pressed f1 when in fullscreen, the program just stopped (with no messages) and the desktop was corrupted - i fixed it by changing the code in KillGLWindow() so that this portion of code:

if (fullscreen)
{
ChangeDisplaySettings(NULL, 0);
ShowCursor(TRUE);
}

came at the end of the function instead of the beginning. i don''t know if that''ll work for you, but it might.
Well I swapped the code around as you said and all that seems to do is exit the program when you press the F1 key from fullscreen mode.

Can voodoos render in a window? I know the voodoo2 cant.
Hence rendering can become confused on a quick switch from the 2d part( unacceleratied) to the 3d part(fullscreen accelerated). Just a thought.
The voodoo 2 cannot render in a window however the voodoo 3 can.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement