🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Guy, new sound

Started by
3 comments, last by Waywyn 21 years, 1 month ago
Hello together, my name is waywyn, 28 and i am a sounddesigner an composer. here is a piece of music from me. it's kind of a huge wartune in the style of "lord of the rings" http://www.gitarrenlicks.de/mp3/warsong.mp3 if you want to know more about my stuff check out www.gamesounddesign.com greetz and thank you waywyn visit: www.cellarroom.de [edited by - waywyn on June 18, 2003 6:04:42 AM]
visit: www.cellarroom.de
Advertisement
Very dramatic. I like the chorus at the start, and the chorus later on reminds me of LOTR indeed. That end is well done too.
thx for the reply

I''m also beefing up my music hardware and software stock, and learning to use new tools (went from ModPlug to Reason with a midi keyboard and an audigy2).

The vocal choir section sounds awsome in the song, and I was wondering what bit of software you used for it? I didn''t read anywhere about reason including a choir like that :D
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
Waywyn, I think what you were aiming for musically around 0:11 to 0:26 was really good, but there are a few things I’d like to nitpick about. The melody played by low brass needs to be louder, and I suggest not ending on a horn glissando. My advice: don’t spend so much time on the choir and concentrate on the other sections of the orchestra. The percussion is fine, but the strings, brass, and winds all need some moral support.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement