🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible opportunity for game developers

Started by
1 comment, last by adventuredesign 21 years, 1 month ago
The medical market, a huge market, might benefit from simple games that address this issue: Here Adventuredesign _______________ Genius is the ability to do what the talented find impossible.

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Advertisement
Very interesting, though I would think there are already plenty of games that can help with that.
There''s already crossover in that area, though usually the other way (voxels anyone...)

There has been crossover the other way in the past too. I remember when I was at school (back in the 1980s), the computer room used to have a policy of "no games"...unless you were dyslexic.

The soapbox in the June 2003 issue of Game Developer magazine will probably be of interest too. It seems the world is waking up to the idea of using games technology for non-recreational use (e.g. a 3rd person game engine crossed with The Sims is perfect for demonstrating building evacuation procedures).

--
Simon O''Connor
Your Company Here

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement