Advertisement

MP3 Maker?

Started by June 21, 2003 04:05 PM
18 comments, last by WiseElben 21 years, 2 months ago
Ok, I fired up my Nero Wav Editor and recorded the MIDI music. Now, how do you get rid of that annoying hissing sound? I''ve tried Nero''s Enchantment Noise Reduction feature, but it didn''t help one bit.
What about DirectMusic Producer? I have made some music with that and it sounds incredible! you can change all kinds of expressions.. plus, it''s free!

Why don''t you sheck it out. It sounds really good in my opinion... best thing is, you can import it directly into your DX compatible game that you are making

Dwiel

Advertisement
quote: Original post by WiseElben
how do you get rid of that annoying hissing sound?

If you got hissing you may have recorded it too quiet. what did you record it on and how?

It''s better to get the sound right before recording it rather than trying to fix it later. Remember the well used old saying ''There is only so much you can polish a turd!''

-------------------------------------------
wiggly-worm.com - Media Music Factory...
-
You will probably want to mute unneeded things such as your microphone. I don''t know if it makes a difference or not anymore but it did at one time for me.
it could just be internal interference. If you are recording from the audio output, you''ll be converting digital to analouge to digital.

Of course, if you want to do things right, get a decent card like the Creative Live or Audigy that can record MIDI directly in digital from the renderer. Not to mention it has a half decent sound compared to most cards. Of course, you mention that you don''t want to spend money.

What sort of sound card do you have, anyway? If it _is_ a creative Live or Audigy, make sure you have your record input set as MIDI, and not "What you Hear" (although I am not sure it makes a difference).

Other good ways to get a good sound out of a MIDI is to use a program like Reason that can take MIDI data, lets you muck around with exactly what each instrumnet sounds like and outputs a wave (with no noise), of course this costs (alot of) money.

Another option is to get a program like ModPlug Tracker or some other program for editing MOD files, and simply convert your MIDI into a MOD using the import MIDI tool, and then sample it and then generate a wave with the export to wav tool.

Of course, this will require the use of samples which you will have to download (legaly please). This is a extra layer of effort but you can customise the sound quite nicely (although you will be limited to whatever free samples you can find).

The final thing is, what is the legality of using your sound cards wave table (assuming it has one) in a song? Something to check up on...

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | DS | RL | TA | LiT | H*R | 20Q ] Articles :: [ MUD Pies ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Refrence | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

quote: Original post by Tazzel3D
What about DirectMusic Producer? I have made some music with that and it sounds incredible! you can change all kinds of expressions.. plus, it''s free!

Why don''t you sheck it out. It sounds really good in my opinion... best thing is, you can import it directly into your DX compatible game that you are making

Dwiel

Just wondering, can DMusic Producer create MIDIs usable without DirectMusic (I.E. not on windows)?

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

If you see the image I am online

Check out PGNet.tk
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
Humm... I'll try downloading Producer from MS.

As for what sound card I have, I have no idea. You see, my Dad's friend built the PC as a Christmas present. A decent sound card costs about 40$ right? Well, thats only about 1 - 2 lawns to mow. ^_^

Visit my game programming website at www.wiseelben.com

[edited by - WiseElben on June 24, 2003 11:07:30 AM]

[edited by - WiseElben on June 24, 2003 11:09:33 AM]
Wait, does Producer come with the DX SDK? I have DX 9 SDK, just not installed yet.
.... A decent sound card costs about 40$ right?

hmmm, I dont think so....

-------------------------------------------
wiggly-worm.com - Media Music Factory...
-
Wait, does Producer come with the DX SDK? I have DX 9 SDK, just not installed yet.

I got it with the DX 7a SDK so I''d assume so.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement