🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Snake and Heartbeat sound

Started by
2 comments, last by Thors1982 21 years, 1 month ago
I am looking for two sounds. One is a good heartbeat that slows like death The other is a good snake hiss. I have tried looking up sound effects but i can''t find any decent ones. Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Record the heartbeat from Halo Actually, on the Mission to Mars soundtrack, there''s one song (aptly entitled ''a heat beats in space'' or something) it begins with a really good heartbeat.

I cant believe you cant find these, but i know how that goes.

-geo
red eye is coming back (the old site is still around, albeit in a weird transitional form)
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
believe it or not, there should be a good heartbeat loop in your clipart sound files
if not i can send it to you

Kyle Evans,
Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]- Define reality...
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
For the heartbeat why not try a synthesised bass drum with a nice reverb. Then try EQ, bass enhancement and compression. Works a treat (depending on exactly what you are looking for).

As for the snake hiss, it really depends on the particular snake. Often it is better to try to create your own rather than use a pre-recorded sound effect, it's quite difficult to get a very clean recording of a snake hiss.

[edited by - VectorWarrior on July 1, 2003 6:29:23 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement