🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

auxDIBImageLoadA linking-error with Lesson6..

Started by
3 comments, last by jonn 24 years ago
hi, does anybody know the ACTUAL whereabouts of this ''little daemon'' called auxdibimageloadA, so I could be certain that I have the appropriate file linked? (all the prior tuts compile fine on bcc55) and from where does that ''A''-letter in the end come? (on borlands free com-line compiler bcc55) I haven''t typed it in the source, still the compilers error-string shows it -claiming ''auxdibi..A'' was ''unresolved external called from lesson6.obj'' ?? when I tried to compile the source in c, it gave a different error-message, about an invalid definition in createGLWindow() which seems to refer to the line static PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR pfd= { sizeof(PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR), 1, PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW / PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL / .. and so on }; is this really legal expression? static SOMTHING thing= { 3,6,8,ds,sadd}; ? and does the fact that compiling as .c and as .cpp the compiler gives distinct error-msgs tell something? or could this all be borland-related? thanks.. jonn
Advertisement
You must include glaux.h in your code and link glaux.lib to the linker.

hmmm.. yeah, I read somewhere that I should, and even found the sources for it, but can''t seem to get it to compile..

but everywhere I look for the glaux, It''s mentioned that glaux is obsolete and shouldn''t be used.. ??

-so the problem really is due the glaux? then I probably should find some other way to load textures? not using glaux?

thanks
jonn
I''''ve seen this before...
Someone had post about this,too. Here at OpenGL Message Board about the GLaux problem with Borland C++ Builder but I forget how to slove it.
Maybe you should check the old questions and you may find your answer...
I''ve seen many posts about this, but none that had a actual solution.. It seems to concern other compilers also, and Is about glaux as far as I know..

I''ve tried to make the lib for some time now, but the glaux.c source doesn''t seem to be bcc55 compliant.. and I think I''ve had it with this.. could have used this time better, but learned a bit about linking, compiling and libs, so maybe it wasn''t total waste of time? :-)

jonn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement