🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Change to message board tags...

Started by
3 comments, last by jaxson 24 years ago
This isn''t really a BIG deal, but I have noticed that it often happens (especially to me) where I am trying to type up a short little code example on the boards and I forget that an ''i'' in brackets means italics. Naturally, an ''i'' is a very common loop index and so this results in the post turning out all weird unless I edit my post and either change the i to a different letter, or put spaces around the ''i''. Anyway, would it be possible to get italics changed to something else (like the word ''italics'' in brackets) if it isn''t already and get rid of an ''i'' in brackets as a board tag? I think this would save some frustration and messed up posts, plus I don''t see many people using the italics tag anyway.
Advertisement
That's why we have the [ source ] and tags. Check the FAQ for details.<br><br>Edited by - Myopic Rhino on June 19, 2000 7:37:14 PM
I usually use the 'code' tag, but it seems like it still has that problem. Maybe 'source' would be a better choice for me to use?

Edited by - jaxson on June 19, 2000 9:37:00 PM
Yeah, I''m 99% sure that any HTML inside the source tag is ignored and treated as normal text. Another alternative would be to use the & lt; and & gt; (without the space)
One thing I noticed is that you can''t have more than one source block in a post. So if you write :

{source}

{/source}

{source}

{/source}

Then the two middle source tags just become part of one gigantic source block.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement