🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What is VST?

Started by
0 comments, last by wilsonao 21 years ago
I''ve heard of VST before and know it stand for Virtual Studio Technology, but what do people use it for? Where is a good resource I could learn more about it? Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Look! A signature!
Advertisement
dont know of any good resources, type it in google and youll find it everywhere!!

VST... okay, basically VST are software applications that can be launched within appropriate host software... i.e. cubase, nuendo etc...

to keep it brief, cubase is a sequencer program, you can play and record midi and audio...

VST software is just a brand of plugins, from reverb, to full synthesisers, you can find them all, the good thing about VST is you can achieve near hardware results with them, saving on a lot of space and cost...

For example, I can use a VST plugin to simulate every aspect of a guitar amp, or a VST that simulates a synthesier.

You can even download programs to make your own VSTs... you can great great free plugins if you search the web, but first you need a main host program.

I hope this helps.
David J Franco__________________________visit www.davidjfranco.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement