🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looping sound using QuickTime?? How

Started by
-1 comments, last by BillPo 21 years ago
Ok, stupid shitty apple documentation. Alright so I''m working on porting a game to the Mac (this is my job... joy). Anyway, the guy who initially wrote all the sound code used QuickTime to do it all. More specifically he opens up a Movie and puts the sound in there and plays it. Bravo. Anyway, he forgot about the looping parameter and so now the sounds that are supposed to loop don''t. I''ve been trying to figure out how to make a QuickTime movie loop, I swear there should be a flag that just has to be set somewhere, but apple''s documentation is impossible to go through to find anything useful. Basically, all I have is the Movie reference, and I want to know if I can just take that and set a parameter to make it loop. If thats not possible perhaps someone can suggest something. I''m thinking that maybe check if the sound stopped in the update sound method and if so, play it again if its supposed to loop. If you can help me you are god!! Especially since this needs to be done by thursday night. Ugh
-out

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement