🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The weak hero

Started by
23 comments, last by LtKicker 20 years, 10 months ago
quote: Original post by Kazgoroth
However, this was balanced by his extreme talent with magic...

And, from the books I''ve read, from the (physical) strength of his twin brother (started with a C, it''s been a while)
Advertisement
well i apologize first because i''m a french native speaker then i will not have a perfect english, and speak can turn very ugly, sorry...

well, weak character IS a GOOD idea since it''s not new and is often use

"The character genre "The Weak" relies on its friendships with other characters to win. Other genres such as the Strong and Unseen rely on their own abilities and powers rather than friends and are often attacked because of their strength. The Weak is almost never the focus of an attack because of weakness but with their friendships sometimes with characters more powerful then them they are able to accomplish their goals. The Weak''s strength is in their dependence on others.

An example of a Weak character is a servant or perhaps a child. These are good examples of weak cvharacters. Note: A character is still considered weak if he doesn''t rely on only his own strength even if he is a king."

according to this definition, we have game like the sims, princess maker 2, tokimeki memorial, which deal with social or even romantique setting and are still fun... and there is many example like this one (monkey island or some adventure game)
you don''t need to rely on strength

you have also game u can called ''survival'' not mean survival horror (not only for some of them) which the weakness IS the gameplay
but game like kurukururin or pacman, bombjack, etc... (ok you have some power bonus sometimes but not all of these game)
well i mention old game because that''s the one who get into my brain at the moment but then try to find modern game which fit...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There are probably much better examples, but would something like the cartoon Tailspin be considered a weak hero? I don''t think the "good guys" in ever shot at the "bad guys", never defeated them through strength, but more seemed to just escape and found some way of ruining their plans (stole something, whatever).
How can you play a game when the npc''s are doing all the work? What are you doing?

Word to the Nerd
Happy Big FunWeeelll!!!President Bush is a bitchHe's a big fat bitchHe's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
quote: How can you play a game when the npc''s are doing all the work? What are you doing?

[]call this a RTS or whatever you want for ex[/]

actually it''s a narrow minded

i think i couldn''t play RPG because you have a menu and you''re not doing the action directly.... now i''m designing rpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement