🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

wanna write an anime with me?

Started by
10 comments, last by sunandshadow 20 years, 10 months ago
I know there are some anime/manga fans hanging around here, so I just thought I'd mention that I saw notice of an anime team recruiting writers and artists HERE. I, it seems, am going to be not the writing coordinator but the art coordinator; the writing coordinator hasn't been announced yet, so apply if you want, who knows, maybe you'll get to be my boss (since I'm also a staff writer). ^_~ I know there are some talented writers in here, I think it'd be fun to actually get to work on a project with some of you. [edited by - sunandshadow on July 29, 2003 2:24:01 PM]

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
*bump*

A pretty cool idea, really. I just don''t know much about writing or drawing anime...

Geo
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Eh... I read those forum post. I have an incredibly strong feeling that this project will never be much more than an interesting idea.
Dude I will help... I watch incredible amounts of anime... Most of which I have seen every episode of...

A wiseman once said "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
A wiseman once said "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
Anime is awesome.. why cuase its made b the japanese...they have toon town 1 mile outside of tokyo... and inside tokyo they have anime and hover things

Well, here is a sample of my freehand anime style.
It's a little old school, I agree. But we could go for that, right?

Click on the pick to see the full size.

[edited by - smiley4 on August 15, 2003 10:12:48 AM]
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
with out anime the world would be...emm...eck...dead.
Hey all! I''m just coming back online after being stuck in this power outage. Interesting to see that this thread got revived. I actually agree with Impossible that this particular team doesn''t seem to be going anywhere, but I don''t see that as a problem - I''ve recruited anime art teams 3 times now and I can do it again if we can come up with a good script. So the question is, what do you think we ought to put into a great anime/manga story concept?

Smiley4 - I''m getting red x''s :/ I''ll try looking again later.

In case anyone wanted to look at my own anime-style art and/or writing, my samples page is here.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Easy answer to that... main character: a kid...
plot: father dies u go get revenge....
ending: get to a powerful character... get the girl... blah blah blah... to bad this is always the plot to rpgs... i wish sum 1 would create an original rpg...
i like anime but i cant draw for crap!

[edited by - TheNerd Tk421 on August 18, 2003 2:27:16 PM]
I''m overall bad at story-ideas, but I can give advice

Try not to watch anime only. Watch some regular movies, some series and note interesting or fun situations. Then piece together the different notes into a few stories, edit them, merge them etc. After a while, you _might_ have a unique story, hehe.
The idea is to not steal the idea from _one_ movie. By splitting and joining movies and trying to keep away from regular patterns, you get a story that is very diverse and variant. Of course, the story needs that important red line...
Take time on designing the story. Don''t rush now, but wait until "that perfect idea" strikes you and start working from that. Set a few goals and work inbetween them so that you won''t lose the focus.

If only I myself could keep to these rules

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement