🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sticking a 3D model in OpenGl code.

Started by
2 comments, last by Keith P Parsons 24 years ago
Does anyone know how to stick a 3d model created with 3D studio max into OpenGl code? Where could i find an example of some code that does this?
Advertisement
Well you got to make an Importer

The easiest thing is to make it by yourself,
I recommend .asc/.ase files for bagining

(Look at the export 3D studio Command)
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
Actually I believe that 3DExploration can export OpenGL drawing code. Never tried it though, i think it''s kinda cheap to let a program write code for you (It''s also good to learn how to parse files yourself!). I just export files as .ASC if i want an easy file to load. Check out http://www.xdsoft.com/explorer/ for a shareware version of 3DExploration. CHeers!
I''m currently working on a project that imports 3D Studio Max ASCII export files and displays them, allowing you to move around the scene. It doesn''t do everything, (I only started work a few days ago) but I do have geometry, basic lights, normals etc all working fine. The main shortcoming at this time is that it doesn''t do materials. If you are interested in the source code, email me...

Dalamax

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement