🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Q. DirectPlay Help!!! Please!!!

Started by
0 comments, last by moanus 24 years ago
Hi? I''m using DirextX 7 SDK and I have a question that when I program using DirectPlay to make a room first, in server side using Open() with DPSESSION_MIGRATEHOST, DPSESSION_KEEPALIVE, DPSESSION_DIRECTPLAYPROTOCOL and second, in client side using Open() with DPSESSION_DIRECTPLAYPROTOCOL. and next I used SendEx() to exchange some messages using DPSEND_ASYNC, DPSEND_GUARANTEED DPID_ALLPLAYERS parameters something was wrong I guess. If one player crashed out of the session without doing any cleanup (like close session, close connection), why do the other players experience a one-minute delay when they try to exit the session You know I already check the answer of the MSDN Network Microsoft DirectX Developer FAQ like above question. But it doesn''t work. Please somebody help me. Thanks
Advertisement
I''m using DirectPlay, and haven''t ever encountered this problem. I would guess though that the other players are trying to syncronize or something when exiting.

A major difference between our code though is that I don''t use the DirectPlay protocol. I also don''t use SendEx and I''m working with the DirectPlay4A interface.
___________________________Freeware development:ruinedsoft.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement