🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Defect Reports

Started by
150 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 11 months ago
T2k : I had that same error trying to acces any object, even where there should be at least one and I''m trying to acces it.

I''ve done a little bit of logging to file since then, and edited my previous post to reflect the results.

I still don''t know how to use that function...

ToohrVyk

Advertisement
quote: Original post by T2k
quote: the value of ESP was not properly saved during a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention

with
g_pCore->GetObjectsInSight(0, type, direction, distance);

is this a bug of Net2002 ??? or should i ask has anyone got some usable informations with GetObjectsInSight ???

T2k

That''s an interface misalignment... as in, it sounds like the bot''s interface is missing one of its standard functions. I''m checking into it..

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote:
Look at the readme again. You have to specify your bot in the gdarena.ini file, and when doing so, you have to specify your bot''s exact name. The exe will read this ini and look for your bot''s dll in the bots folder. You don''t have to rename other bots. You can have as many as you want in there. You just have to edit the ini file.

I have edited the .ini. I''ve even started a brand new bot, not editing any of the source, and then trying to run it, yet it still crashes.
I''m using Win2k pro and DevCPP 4.9.7.0.

This is the tale of a Northern Soul, looking to find his way back home
I just uploaded an update. There was an interface misalignment, so hopefully this fixes all these strange errors everyone''s getting.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Two things:

- after the time limit, the bot with the lowest health has win (not fixed?)

- the length of the lasers shots seems to randomly change over time. At the beginning of the game, they''re flying over 1/2th of the whole arena, or about. Then, after a few seconds, it''s just 1/10th. And once i was no longer able to see any lasers. Doesn''t seem graphics related, because i went near an idle bot, and had to really "touch" him for me to hit him.

Y.
The update successfully solved the bug.

On a side note, why is there a "objDistance" parameter now, and what does it mean?
i believe the reason you couldn''t see your lasers any more was because the ammo ran out, i could be wrong though, i had this happen to me too and that''s all i could think of.
quote: Original post by Ysaneya
Two things:

- after the time limit, the bot with the lowest health has win (not fixed?)

- the length of the lasers shots seems to randomly change over time. At the beginning of the game, they''re flying over 1/2th of the whole arena, or about. Then, after a few seconds, it''s just 1/10th. And once i was no longer able to see any lasers. Doesn''t seem graphics related, because i went near an idle bot, and had to really "touch" him for me to hit him.

Y.

Just fixed both and upload another update. It''s available at the same link.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by ToohrVyk
The update successfully solved the bug.

On a side note, why is there a "objDistance" parameter now, and what does it mean?

Oops, it should be objDirection. It stores what direction the object is facing (typically the enemy) relative to your current direction.

I''ll fix that and upload another one..

Admin for GameDev.net.

When called, GetObjectsInSight( 0, ... ) always returns false, even when GetObjectsInSight( 1, ... ) returns true. And also, the values passed to the function are not modified when it returns false ( but I suppose it''s normal ). Maybe a ">" vs ">=" error ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement