🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Studio MAX 3.1

Started by
5 comments, last by Jallen 24 years ago
This isn''t really OpenGL related but 3DS is commonly used to make models for OpenGL games. I would like to know if anyone can recommend any good books on learning 3D Studio MAX 3.1, I am looking for a book that scales from beginner to advanced. I want to learn how to make my own models and do some of the cool effects. Thanks, Jason A. --- I write code.
---I write code.DelphiGL (http://delphigl.cfxweb.net)
Advertisement
Hi.
There are severall books for 3dsmaxR3.
I would recomend the inside Inside 3D Studio MAX 3 or 3D Studio MAX R3 Bible. They are pretty expensive but I say it is worth it.
And of course do the tutorials that comes with max. Do them and you should have no problems what so ever constructing your own masterpieces.. :-)

Me....!? What more can I say?
All computerbooks are expensive

Buy inside 3DStudio max, buy part 1 if you are a beginner, and buy 2 or 3 aswell, one of them has info about lowpolygon meshes for games, and LOD

Thanks for the replies, I will probably pick up Inside 3D Studio MAX, looks like a good book

Jason A.

---
I write code.
---I write code.DelphiGL (http://delphigl.cfxweb.net)
hey, also if you want to increase your skills check out (if you haven''t yet seen) www.3dcafe.com . you should be able to find alot under free tutorials.
there are also many good links to 3d sites at
www.raph.com/3dartists
in the links section.

hope this helps you...do check them out.

ttyl
-mike
Or if you want online help. Enter Irc, undernet and #3dmax.
The ppl there are allways willing to help you out if there is anything you wanna know. (they helped me alot a year ago). Some of them are realy good 3d artists.

Edited by - khorn on June 29, 2000 7:15:34 AM
Me....!? What more can I say?
Check out www.3DCafe.com they have some great 3DSMAX tutorials (or at least they used to), I have purchased too many books on 3D Studio Max, and they all suck. My advice is just to learn through tutorials on the web. try www.3Dark.com, Its been a long time since I used Max, so I don''t know if any of my old websites I used to frequent are still around. If you need any other links email me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement