🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Post your version 0.2 bots here

Started by
23 comments, last by Sailorstick 20 years, 10 months ago
I''ll post mine as soon as I get a network card for the computer it''s on right now.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Sailorstick
TechnoGoth, your link doesn''t work.

Maybe that''s the "fatal logic error"?

I''ll post mine...if I ever get around to writing one...apathy has set in.
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
Very strange, Linking to the file doesn''t work, so you''ll have to copy and paste the address into the addressbar to download it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

LiquidIntell

Enjoy!
here's the version of my bot that i got working before the 0.2 release...(i recompiled it since the 0.2 release so it should work). i've been making lot's of progress since this posted version in the area of navigation/obstacle mapping, but i haven't had a chance to reintegrate it into DustBot.

let me know if it works!

A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

[edited by - drreagan on August 10, 2003 3:51:23 PM]

[edited by - drreagan on August 10, 2003 3:52:55 PM]

[edited by - drreagan on August 10, 2003 3:53:51 PM]

[edited by - drreagan on August 10, 2003 3:55:04 PM]
------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)
*blink blink* Someone care explaining or posting a thread to what these are for?
quote: Original post by shadowman13131
*blink blink* Someone care explaining or posting a thread to what these are for?

for the Gamedev: Arena AI beta competition.

take a look at the Gamedev: Arena thread off of the main forums page.

A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)
I beat Dust bot pretty good now... a bit more tweaking and I'll post mine up for download for you to re-tweak your strategy . So far he's the toughest bot I fought, of course, I just wrote my bot this morning .

--- Edit ---
Crap, tweaked my code, and now Dust beats me and I can't figure out how to get it back . Oh well, back to the drawing board.

[edited by - Ready4Dis on August 10, 2003 9:29:26 PM]
Ok, here is my latest bot so far:

ftp://212.172.221.201/0.2/release/

PhatBot.dll

[edited by - Ready4Dis on August 11, 2003 1:59:11 AM]
quote: Original post by drreagan
here''s the version of my bot that i got working before the 0.2 release...(i recompiled it since the 0.2 release so it should work). i''ve been making lot''s of progress since this posted version in the area of navigation/obstacle mapping, but i haven''t had a chance to reintegrate it into DustBot.

let me know if it works!

Hey drreagan, nice work with DustBot. Dang! My bot has been able to defeat DustBot, but it''s quite tough as it always keeps on strafing left and right which brings LiquidIntell''s accuracy down to near zero.

Also nice work with switching weapons during combat. The thing with LiquidIntell is if it detects a grenade in it''s field of view, it runs away from that grenade, thereby losing sight of the enemy for that moment until it turns back.

Well, I kinda like made LiquidIntell to mirror DustBot''s strafing so as to make it easier to kill. But it''s still very tough anyways. Good job!

InitGames Software
http://initgames.t35.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement