🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev Arena v2.0

Started by
-1 comments, last by Martel 20 years, 10 months ago
I like this contest, and I''m enjoying the programming challenges is presents. But - is it just me or would the contest be much more interesting if there were more than one way to win? The more I think about it, the more it seems like there''s only one "best" strategy rather than several "good" strategies. Maybe if grenades exploded on direct hits? Or if there were sound cues (like footsteps and shots and stuff?) Or if there were health/armor powerups? Maybe if there were a Z dimension? Or, maybe, more than 1 on 1? I think GD:Arena is an excellent start, but I can''t wait to see it develop into something more. I''m sure Kevin doesn''t want to feel like we''re dictating his work. After all, it should be fun for him also. But maybe we could list a few suggestions for the future generations of gamedev.net bot wars Themes, rules, interfaces, etc?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement